Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 8: Answer Boards and Social Searching

Answer Boards are probably a good idea for students or someone who may need answers to a very specific question and have a need to discuss the topic they are researching. I am not sure how long it would take for questions to be answered. Some of these questions could sit there for months with no one answering them so the point of it has been defeated. Answer boards depend on people going in and answering questions, there were questions that I could have answered but were only found through a related search.

When I was looking through some of the questions on the Answer boards I noted that, in my opinion, there were a lot of silly and irrelevant questions. I am not sure how reliable some of the answers would be but it could give different views and answers. If questions were answered by a librarian I would feel more reasured that the information is correct and has been researched.

While I was browsing Wikianswers I found a question that I could have answered regarding the repair time of an xbox 360 gaming console that has the Red Ring of Death as my son's xbox had to be sent away with the same problem and was returned in just over a week.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It sounds like you are having fun with this.

Ellen (PLS)