Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Week 7: Taggin, folksonomies, delicious and Library Thing

I have opened up my own Del.icio.us account, I have not fully explored all it has to offer but on face value it would seem to be a good idea. It would be very useful to be able to access my favourite sites on different computers.
This is the link to my Del.icio.us site http://delicious.com/elrhonda
In searching Technorati I found it very interesting. I did a search on drawing/art blogs and found a great variety of subjects on offer. I discovered blogs that I would not have otherwise have looked at.
I would have liked to have been able to narrow my search on a paticular subject, as I had to do a lot of searching to find things that interested me.

Library Thing is a wonderful site for booklovers, I really enjoyed this site and I am looking forward to using it in the future. I am will be spending many hours adding my favourite books. My library catalogue is http://www.librarything.com/catalog/elrhonda

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi RRBlogalog,
You did much better than me on this week. I really enjoyed Library Thing but not really the rest of it. It does certainly make me think about the way we search for items. Search engines have been with us so long but these new sites are creating many more ways to track and search for information....
Only a few more weeks and we're done!